LAN (Local Area Network) is a computer network covering a small local area, such as home, office, institutions or schools. LAN is connected to network using different topologies such as wired (Cable) and wireless. If you are facing problem in connecting with LAN even after everything is alright from your end then here’s the solution for your problem.
Before that, let us check the appearance of LAN connection icon which is available at the notification area( Extremely right end corner of your PC/ Laptop), Depending on the status of LAN we can overcome the LAN disconnection problem. For that we need to view the Network connections folder. Also, if the local area connection media is disconnected (for example, the cable is unplugged), a status icon is displayed in the notification area as shown below.
Note :- In the above scenario if the network cable is unplugged then reconnect the same network cable to the port and start working with the internet or network.
If network is plugged or Wireless is configured correctly then, There may be problem with Network Adapter. To install Network Adapter following things you need and Installation procedure involved as shown below.
Requirement: – Network Adapter driver CD(Mother Board CD).
Steps Involved in installation of network adapter are :-
1. Insert Network Driver CD into your computer.
2. Right click on “My Computer” and open “Manage”.
3. Double click on “Device Manager” you will find “Network Adapters”.
4. Expand “Network Adapter” and right click on the Network Driver module and click on update.
5. Select the option of updating the Network Driver from Specific option and browse the Driver from CD/ DVD drive.
6. Click on next and wait till the Network Drivers are updated.
The above steps will update your Network Driver. Now you can now restart your computer and start working with network or Internet.