Last sem we have a DBMS lab in our course in that time we need to install oracle software to work with sqlplus. Installing oracle is easy, but it is not the same as installing other application software. If something went wrong in installing oracle software then you cannot easily reinstall the same oracle software again without formatting. But you can uninstall oracle completely and reinstall fresh copy of oracle software without formatting your PC.
In this post I will be going to installing oracle 11g on windows 7 64bit PC. The same procedure you can follow to install on other windows OS like XP, Vista 32/64bit PC.
Installing Oracle 11g on Windows 7:
1.In Oracle 11g folder click on the setup icon. After that you will see the window like as show below. In Installation Type: choose Enterprise Edition (2.9GB). In Database Password: and Confirm Password: field. Fill those field with tiger and click Install button.
2. In the next step you will see window like below. In this window when you click Next button will get some error like
“Some required prerequisite checks have failed. Please make sure the system meets all the requirements before install can proceed.”
3. To fix that error just check the first two options i.e.,
Checking physical memory requirements…
Checking Network Configuration requirements..
check both the options and then click Next button to continue installation of Oracle 11g
4. It will ask permission like this click “Allow access” button to allow it
5. In this step we don’t have to do anything, just click Next button
6. Here you click Install button
7. It will start Installing the products, we nothing to do here
8. In this step don’t click any button just wait for few moments
9. Don’t do anything here, when it completed it will display one more window(shown in step 10)
10. Click Ok button
11. Now our oracle 11g is completely installed on our pc and this is the last step. Click Exit button here
12. It will ask for the confirmation like “Do you really want to exit?” click Yes
That’s it, now you have completely installed oracle 11g Pc.
Video Guide on Installing Oracle 11g on Windows OS: