Yesterday when I tried to add my new site to windows live write I got error message saying
You need to customize the blog API URL before proceeding.
The following values were not customized:
please change these values to whatever is appropriate for your blog server.
If you also stuck in the <hostname> <wp_path> error in windows live writer then here is solution for it.
Solution for <hostname> <wp_path> Error in Windows Live Writer:
- Check whether your wordpress blog has enabled
or not. If it is not enabled then you have to enable it by login into your wordpress Dashboard > Settings>Writing > under Remote Publishing
Check “Atom Publishing Protocol” and “XML-RPC“.
- After enabling check whether it is working or not. If not follow step 3
- Now replace http://<hostname>/<wp_path>/xmlrpc.phpwith
- (or) http://www.domain.com/blog/xmlrpc.php
It depends on where your blog is installed.
- After doing all the above steps try again, you are able add you blog to window live writer.